These are the steps to release a new version of Easegress.
Let’s suppose that the next version is
X.Y.Z. Then new tag is
vX.Y.Z (note prefix
v) and new release title is
easegress-vX.Y.Z. Please collect all Pull Request’s that will be mentioned in
CHANGELOG.md and in the Release Note.
- Create a Pull Request that updates release version
X.Y.Zin Makefile and adds the new version to
CHANGELOG.md. Include significant changes, implemented enchantments and fixed bugs to
CHANGELOG.md. Once the PR is reviewed and approved, merge it to main branch.
- Create new release note at https://github.com/megaease/easegress/releases/new with release title
easegress-vX.Y.Z, click Choose a tag and add new tag
vX.Y.Z. Write the Release note. You can use the modifications written to
CHANGELOG.mdin previous step. Follow the same format, as previous Release notes. Once written, click
- New tag triggers Goreleaser Github action. Follow up that it creates and uploads successfully all binaries and Docker images.
- Ensure that the release note created in step 2 contains the command to pull the new Docker image.
- Edit the release note create in step 2, and click
- New version of Easegress is now released! Notify everyone to check it out!